December 25, 2008

GOLGO 13 1/6 SCALE FIGURE BY HOT TOYS


Golgo 13, Hitman for Hire cartoon character, was introduced in 1969 by Takao Saito. Duke's alias ("Golgo 13") is short for Golgotha, the place of Jesus Christ's crucifixion. Published as a series in Shogakukan's Big Comic magazine it has evolved into anime and even live action films. Duke Togo aka Golgo 13 is the definition to hitman in my opinion. A ladies man, smooth movements, mystique, and sense of fashion always fascinated me as a kid. Although he is merely a fiction character he represented or was relative to some people I know in my life. Introduced to Golgo 13- The Professional in 5th grade I came to own any publications, movies, and videogames that involves this character.
Well the folks at Hot Toys are releasing a 1/6 Scale Figure of Golgo 13 in 2009. The figure will retail for $200...check your favorite comic and toy retailer, or as I did make call to the Forbidden Planet.




No comments: